Sunday, February 24, 2019

in a stormy fashion

Yesterday I noticed that my ears seem to be getting bigger. I’m sure it’s been happening for a while (the years are advancing after all), but you know how you look in the mirror and don’t REALLY see, maybe you see yourself a bit how you used to be, well, suddenly my vision cleared and there I was…  

Maybe I’ve been watching too many ancient ‘Star Trek Deep Space Nine’ episodes with too many Ferengis. (in fact I’m half watching an episode right now)

Test number 2 of the baked potato soup is simmering in the instant pot right now. It smells fantastic and tastes pretty good too - still have to add the cream though. This is most certainly not diet or fat-free or vegan or good for you in any way, but it is good comfort food.

Last night conversation at Trudie & Leo’s turned to relationships and what builds a long-term, happy relationship. They’ve been together over 40 years and we are coming up to 30 so we had some ideas. We couldn’t really agree on terminology though: does ‘respect’ cover it or is there more? What does ‘treating each other well’ mean? Respect is part of it, but there are other things, like being appreciative, showing affection, being kind and thoughtful, spending time together, having common interests…

… after supper …

Soup was excellent. I like it a bit better with cream but would likely make it with the coconut milk as I always have that on hand. I might try making it without the super high fat bacon for a lower calorie vegan version. I’ll post the recipe tomorrow.

We are cuddled up tonight listening to the wind roar like a pride of lions. Sure is nice to have a warm and cosy house, (and a generator at the ready).


In stormy fashion
Ends the dark season;
The wind's in a passion
Out of all reason.
Winter, so loth to go,
Howls, spitting out the snow,
Like froth of madness.
~Danske Dandridge

No comments: