Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Kabira is 13

We went on an expedition to Ikea yesterday, way across the city into the West. The giant building stood blue and yellow like a flag against the sky, its ginormous bulk holding all sorts of treasures. Carm was a reluctant traveller, but to his credit he went along quietly with good humour and didn’t ruin my good time.

I had Swedish meatballs on my mind so we stopped at the cafe for some lunch to fortify us before heading inside, plus shopping on an empty stomach tends to sour Carm’s mood.... I had three things on my list, but as we moved through the store more and more items crept into the giant yellow bag that Carm was carrying. We eventually upgraded to a cart, mainly to hold the carpet runner that we got for Pat’s room. Pillaging completed we shoehorned our treasures into the car and headed for Costco.

I’m sure the odds are pretty slim but as I stepped out of the car at Costco I could see Mom talking on the phone in the car just next to us. I’m afraid I was a bit mean and scared the bejeebers out of her!

Monday night we had a lovely German meal with Trudie & Leo. I’m not sure what it was called, but it was some sort of pickled pork served with saurqraut. Sort of the German version of corned beef & cabbage.




I’m afraid I’m a bit belated with a few photos of Kabira as a pup. Thirteen is a respectable age for a Ridgeback. She’s still in pretty good shape so hopefully she’ll be around for awhile yet.




Bella was just a year old when we brought Kabira home, and was immediately enthralled by her new family member. They were the best of friends from the first moment they met. They’d play and play and then crash out together. These days there isn’t as much playing but they do still stay close together. Losing one of them doesn’t even bear thinking about as I think the other wouldn’t be far behind.


“Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow
Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead
Walk beside me… just be my friend”
~Albert Camus

No comments: