Monday, March 18, 2019

dancing a jig

Jigg’s dinner was on the menu last night to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day - I’m 1/8th Irish so it only seemed right to have a typical Irish meal. I cooked the corned beef in the instant pot, and then when it was done I tossed the cabbage, potatoes and carrots in for a few minutes. Easy peasy. I was surprised at how much I liked the cabbage.

Pat, Trudie & Leo were here for the celebration, although unlike an Irish kitchen party, it didn’t go on till the wee hours.

Saturday I hunched over my computer for ages, tweaking a <tr> here and a <bgcolor=#33449> there. I’m slowly getting my memory back for the tech stuff, but now have to figure out the structure of all the data - I think that will be the hardest part as it seems there will be lots to include.

It was a great relief after all those bits and bytes to go over to Trudie & Leo’s for some pizza and non-computer talk.

One of the topics that we often drift to is euthanasia and what the rules around it should be. We are all in agreement that at a certain point of alzheimer's or parkinson's that a way out would be good. Alas, the rules are not structured in such a way that it could be pre-setup that when certain conditions were met we would be released from the misery that the world had become.

Today I was in town for a quick visit with my brother and then we continued on our quest for chairs… this is turning out to be a more difficult task than we expected, but at least we’ve narrowed down some of the requirements. I’ve agreed on a swivel chair for the main ‘guest’ chair, even though they are mostly hideous. The sixth chair can be fixed and smaller as it will rarely be used and usually stored around the corner out of the way.

The strong rays of the sun are softening the ice on the laneway and slowly dispatching the snow in areas where a tiny bit of dark is showing. The little peeks of dark soak up the heat and radiate it, melting the snow faster around it.


Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted.”
~Sylvia Plath

1 comment:

Merikay MacKenna said...

I'm twice as Irish as you, but we did without Irish food, concentrating instead on Merikay's Mediterranean effort. I love reading your descriptions of how warmth is sneaking back into Canada.