Saturday, March 30, 2019

lucky charms

I should have bought a lottery ticket on the way to the airport this morning cause today is my lucky day. It was with some surprise that I found I’d been randomly chosen to go through extra security measures in Montreal. Oh yes. Everything was torn apart and I was scanned and swabbed for illicit materials. Perhaps they were looking for explosives, but little did they know that the most explosive thing in my life is bean and cabbage soup :-0

It made me wish for some profiling.

Oh, and did I mention the freezing rain and snow? Yes, the plane spent extra time being de-iced, and I expect our flight out of Mtl will go through the same procedure. I was already happy to escape the final dredges of winter, but gosh, what a send off! (cue the stress music).

Pat came yesterday afternoon to get settled, then we had a lovely supper at Trudie & Leo’s. We were back home at just past 8 which gave me time to stupidly remove all photos from my tablet, or at least the ones that were also in the cloud. But you know what? I wanted some of them to stay local :-/

This morning we were up before dawn to get ready to go. The dogs hung around closely, until Carm started wheeling suitcases to the door - Spike immediately disappeared to the bedroom. Poor wee guy knows the signs. Kabira & Bella take it more in stride.

Onward and upward.

No comments: