Sunday, March 10, 2019

snow angels and walks in the woods

I think I spoke too soon… and looking back at my records for the last few years, (once I saw a trend I didn’t go back further), it seems that I’m in for at least a month or maybe two of flashes of anxiety with the odd blip of depressed thinking. In the past my doctor prescribed an extra dose of one of my meds, at least for this time of year, and maybe I’ll have to take them again. It feels like giving in and that surely I should be able to control this by myself… but alas, I can only temper but not eliminate the gut wrenching feelings.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason for these flashes - bending over to put a freshly washed dish cloth in the drawer created a jab. The drawer is neatly folded and organized so it’s not the chaos of disorganization that created it. What on earth could have triggered such an overwhelming reaction? Carm and I have decided that it is the change in light, so no way around it, except to continue a stepped-up regime of self care, and some extra meds.

Last night we had a delightful time meeting up with some ‘old’ co-workers of Carm’s. Francine (one of the wives) timed the three guys at 10 minutes before they were in the thick of work talk. I thought that was pretty good. Luckily Francine and Julie are interesting women on their own. Anyway, the babble went on well into the evening. Next time we’ll host as I think it will be easier to visit in a home, rather than a loud restaurant.

There is a light snow falling - it would be perfect for making snow angels and for walks in the woods. I’m lazy today though, so will watch from the comfort of the sofa.


“And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.”
~Lewis Carroll

“There is nothing in the world more beautiful than the forest clothed to its very hollows in snow. It is the still ecstasy of nature, wherein every spray, every blade of grass, every spire of reed, every intricacy of twig, is clad with radiance. “
~William Sharp

No comments: