Saturday, August 13, 2022

a trifecta

 We’ve had a couple of coolish days that seem more like September than August but hurrah! Today is sunny and warm. I slept in, had a coffee, then jumped into the arctic waters… 21C/69F. Talk about a  polar plunge but oh my gosh it felt good!


I love starting my day toddling around outside drying the heavy dew from the furniture. Then I set out my ‘decor’ - please feel free to laugh at me! Pillows and sofa cushions get strategically  placed for optimum effect. (cue more laughing). If necessary I’ll water the plants too. It’s 11:30 am and I’m curled up on the sofa outside listening to music and planning out my day - it’s going to be a chill sort of day but I do have to prep a nice supper for Pat. I still have a spot of shade.


I think I’ll make Stanley Tucci’s zucchini nergoni which means frying up some zuccs and harvesting a bunch of basil. I have pots and pots of Thai basil but they make such a lovely display that I am loath to hack them up. I do have some Italian basil in out of the way places that can be harvested without wrecking the aspect.


Yesterday, after Carm talked to the doctor’s office, we headed to the local hospital emergency so Carm could get a tetanus shot… since we were close to liquidation we dropped in there ‘just to look’. Well, the tall planters were marked down 30% so I picked up 2 more. And the pj bottoms were  $5. Carm got some shorts and I got a few other minor things. So much for looking! Well, I guess we looked too hard!


Friday night Trudie & Leo came by for a simple sausage supper. We sat outside until the cold drove us into our respective homes. It was a lovely evening :-)


Yesterday it dawned on me that breathing exercises might help with anxiety… and yes, it did to a point. I don’t know why I never thought of this for all these months but there you go… SAMA. Which is tech talk for ‘stunned as me arse’. Yes… SAMA. I’m hoping that if I can nip these awful feelings in the bud they won’t take over my day :-)


Peaceful easy feeling :-)


later in the afternoon… Carm was a hero and fried up all the zucchini. I tried but a hand tremor and boiling oil do not mix. I took the time to harvest some of the Italian basil, a cup for dinner tonight and the rest went into the freezer for a taste of summer mid winter. A small taste of the zucchini made me hungry for supper. 


It’s really a blissful sort of day :-)


Except that we turned the mattress around. It is f’n heavy!



Awesome!


“fried zucchini, basil, and salt”

“a morning swim in freezing water”

“a baggie full of chopped basil for the freezer”

“sitting outside as the fairy lights came on”

“lemon curd tarts”


No comments: