Sunday, August 14, 2022

fried green zucchini

 It’s another one of those precious hot summer days that slip so quickly by. We’ve been outside for much of the day moving from shade to sun to pool to sun to shade… repeat countless times. Peaceful easy feeling plays at the corner of my brain with blips of anxiety that are partially being managed by breathing. I did give up part way through the afternoon to resort to drugs. I never got to the point of crying but I also didn’t want to take the chance of wrecking a perfectly lovely day!


The cicadas are singing. So are the crickets. The sky is blue with the odd cloud and a light breeze is caressing my limbs. How many summer days remain this year?



Pat came for supper last night and the pasta was lovely, although I can’t help feeling that she and Carm wrecked it by adding a bunch of pepper. The zucc and basil were such a delicate flavour that was surely overpowered by the pepper. Luckily Carm fried up the zuccs otherwise I might have been a bit cranky about all the labour wasted. I enjoyed it immensely though so I guess it was worth it!


I don’t have my camera handy but I wish you could see Lupa - she’s wearing her lifejacket and is asleep, half on and half off the outside dog bed, her legs sticking up in the air. She was 15.8 lbs today - I think she’s 43 weeks old. Adia is in the full sun.




There is something a bit nice with having no roof above us as we stretch out on the super long sofa.



Our lazy evening was interrupted by a low flying balloon! All privacy lost!



Awesome!


“the first swim of the morning”

“watching the fairy lights come on”

“the deck on a lazy afternoon (and morning!)”

“Stanley Tucci’s pasta”


No comments: