Wednesday, August 24, 2022

euphoria of the morning

 Time has been expanding and contracting, some days are a lifetime while others flash by. The weekend was a streak of activities with Olaf, Stephanie, and Freya here for a visit. We swam and talked and drew pictures. The weather was perfect for showing off the new deck. Stephanie drew up our plans so had a special connection. 



Mom and Dad joined us for brunch on Sunday. Unfortunately a big thunderstorm sent us running inside (after covering everything up of course!), but luckily it held off until after we’d finished eating.



The distraction kept some of the anxiety at bay but there were times it was like a punch in the gut. Stupid! Sunday I cut down my lithium by ¼… no doctor to supervise but I think I know enough to monitor the progress. Monday and Tuesday I felt pretty nauseous - I was expecting it but it didn’t make the days any funner. However, this morning I feel great! Maybe with a bit more energy than before (by 9:45 I’d made bone broth, decarbed the rest of my herbs, and had a swim.) James Brown’s ‘I feel Good’ started off my playlist this morning. 


It’s 10am now and I haven’t had any anxiety at all. Early but on the right track.


Just took the dogs out and saw a Monarch butterfly. They are a rarity this year so feel doubly blessed. The purple asters are starting to bloom too - my birthday flower.



Katrina and the Waves ‘Don’t you feel good’ is blasting. Carm’s out playing golf so I have free rein with tunes… not that he ever complains. I’ve only used my headphones once since we got Lupa - I need my ears to hear if she’s getting into mischief!


scratch all that… well not all of it… but James Brown screeched to something by AC/DC… loud and out of control. It passed but the euphoria of the morning was gone. I am okay which might be the best state of all.


We did have a lovely supper at Trudie & Leo’s.


Tonight the air is heavy with the scent of things past their prime. Tendrils of sweet honey find their way to my nose.



Awesome!


“butterflies”

“purple flowers”

“swimming early in the morning”

No comments: