Tuesday, August 2, 2022

conversations

 No deck time for me first thing this morning… I was on alert waiting for the deck furniture delivery. There was a bit of rain as well.


At the gong of 10:30 am a big truck bearing our ‘conversation set’ rolled down the laneway. Two burly young men dropped the 2 giant boxes in front of the garage and then beetled out of there to their next delivery.



There was no way that Carm and I could carry the boxes all the way to the back of the house so we ripped them open to carry pieces one at a time onto the deck. That’s when the rain started again… before we could even finish our coffee the rain had stopped and the deck started drying out.


not much help!


There wasn’t much to assemble - we just had to bolt the arms to the frames and add the cushions. We adjusted positioning - an inch this way and then 2 that way… you know the drill! Voila! LOVE! It’s super comfortable (I’m testing it out as we ‘speak’). Luckily at this time of day there is shade on the sofa and one of the chairs. Lupa thinks it’s pretty awesome too and is curled up against me :-)


Adia however, is busy barking at the new floating chlorine puck dispenser that’s floating around the pool…



Last week we filled out the forms for collecting my pension which is unremarkable except for the fact that I had to enter my address 3 times on 3 different forms… in my job we had a database/system that was shared by all applications in the department for storing company information. Tombstone information was only captured ONCE not multiple times. It seems that CCRA does not have a version of ‘me’...  such an annoying waste.


I didn’t mention yesterday that it had been 7 years since June, Jennifer, and I got together - June lives in Switzerland and Jennifer has a busy business selling hunting supplies - it’s scary how fast time flies. June is back in Canada to celebrate her father’s 90th birthday… 40 years ago he hired me for my first real job which turned into a 30 year career in IT.


HAPPY :-)


Awesome!


“the first glimpse of the truck bearing furniture”

“everything assembled and put into place”

“music out on the deck”

No comments: