Thursday, January 5, 2023

ice poured from the sky

 After several days of above freezing temperatures we are now into the negatives, just barely, just enough to turn rain into ice… last night the ice poured out of the sky, coating everything, including the gravel on the ground. YUCK YUCK YUCK!


I feel bad for Billy-Bobbie the Beaver as its lodge has lost its protective snow and is now just a pile of cat-tail reeds, surely not weather proof. We see it swimming around at random times during the day which is weird as they are supposedly nocturnal. Other wildlife is unfortunately hanging around the house - there are some squirrels that are going after the birdfeeder and some bunnies that come out at night teasing the dogs into a chase, distracting them from business activities. 



Some people say to start the new year how you want to live the rest of the year - ha ha - I’m hoping that the sloth that has hijacked my body will leave me alone soon so that I can get up off this hollow in the sofa cushion and get this year in gear! Grey skies and ice do not motivate me to do more than hang out on facebook - AITA anyone? I’ve also been watching sappy movies during the day which does pass the time, but gosh! I need something interesting to motivate me into some action!


I suppose we could take the Christmas tree down but I’m still enjoying the lights! It’s so gloomy today that the little sparkle adds some life to the house. Little grey dogs add life too… maybe I should wrap her in tiny sparkle lights for a double whammy of joy! Adia could be lit as well :-)



I tried teaching Lupa to walk backwards but she gets over-excited about the treats and does every other trick that she knows then just bites at my hands. Adia is a pro backing up - she likes to dance with me. 


The fridge has slowly been losing containers of food that packed every shelf. The dips, spreads, peppers, and caramelised onion have been transferred to baggies and frozen. I flatten them and add grooves to make it easier to break off a chunk. We’ve eaten the wings & mushrooms & beef & mozzarella balls… tonight I actually have to cook something that doesn’t include leftovers!


I might hibernate for the rest of January. Not in a bad way!



Awesome!


“quiet days”


No comments: