Saturday, January 14, 2023

uplifting

 Uplifting is today’s word of the day. It is what I consider a perfect winter day: temps around minus 8C, bright blue sky, little to no wind, perfect snow conditions. Yes, I needed a day like today as I was starting to drag down a bit - not badly mind you - but I was trending in the wrong direction. But today!



After a lazy morning Carm and I got our snowshoes on for a little tramp in the field. We didn’t go far but did the loop twice. The snow was soft with a heavy, weight supporting, crust of hard snow about 15 cm below the surface. Adia’s long legs had no trouble, but Lupa had to struggle somewhat. She came in disguised as a snowball again although she had less than yesterday since I trimmed her belly and armpits. She’s game for the fun though!


It was wonderful! It was glorious! If I wasn’t already in my fluffy flannel poodle pyjama bottoms I’d go out again!



The guest room is finally looking like a bedroom and not the scene of a suitcase tsunami. It’s only about 15 minutes from being visitor ready :-)


Sadly, we haven’t seen the beaver since the day Lupa fell into the pond. Did he decide to move away or did the fisher get him. Or maybe his little reed lodge fell down and killed him, or he froze to death cause he didn’t have a proper lodge. Or… were those coyote tracks in the field this morning?



At 5pm tonight it was still light out - not a blazing light, but the pinkish early evening light just before the sun sets. I changed the on/off times of my little lights and candles today as the days are getting longer so they no longer need to come on before 4:30!




Awesome!


“the brilliant blue of a winter’s sky”

“the sun!!”

“Lupa sunning herself as I tidyied the spare room”

“Adia running in the snow”

“Lupa struggling through the deep (for her) snow”

No comments: