Friday, January 13, 2023

snowballs

 Well… I won’t do that again…


Friday Carm braved the snow for a drive into the city to pick up the box of chicken hearts that we’d ordered so I had him pickup a box of chicken livers as well. Unfortunately the livers were frozen solid - think a 5kg block of frozen solid grossness - so I had to defrost them in the sink under hot water… they basically disintegrated in the water - liver soup anyone? 😱  It’s not a big deal for the dogs, but next time we’ll order ahead and get unfrozen!



Another storm hammered us overnight and into today - it’s 2pm and still snowing. So far we’ve gotten 15+ cm of snow plus a bit of drifting. NOTHING like the Christmas 2022 storm thankfully!


Carm has done snowblow #1 - it took about 1.5 hours - hoping the snow slows down soon so he doesn’t have to do another one! I was lazy and just did some shovelling and a short snowshoe out into the field. I turned back after only a few minutes as the wind was whipping across the creek from the north, turning my cheeks red and uncomfortable. The snow is perfect for snowshoes though!



Lupa came in disguised as a giant snowball! I saw a hack on fb using a whisk to brush the snowballs out and it actually worked pretty well. Regardless, once she’s dry I’ll get the clippers out and do her armpits etc to reduce snowball gripping hair. On my way back to the house from the field she ran ahead but didn’t come back to me when I called her - perhaps she was frozen!


I know someone who’s been sick, really sick, with Covid for over 12 days…



Awesome!


“a cardinal in the window

"good snowshoeing snow!"

No comments: