Wednesday, March 25, 2020

face it

Headline tonight: state of emergency declared in Ottawa. There are a total of 2,792 cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 27 deaths to date.

I wasn’t going to post today as it was a day much like so many others but then it struck me that it isn’t the same at all. In the ‘old days’ I would never have turned on news in the morning. A trip to Costco for Carm would not have been fraught with so much anxiety. I would have thought nothing of having friends over and instead spend the evening with just the two of us.

Carm braved the virus filled world today to stock up on a few groceries at Costco. He said that it was well organized with lots of safety protocols in place so he felt as safe as could be expected. We’ve now got a fridge filled with fresh vegetables, and I finally got those mushrooms to cook and freeze. All is good. They still didn’t have toilet paper though… 

It seems that Canada (might) have things in hand and that we’ll be spared the worst. Some places in the USA don’t seem to be so lucky. Italy, Spain, and France are in dire straits. 

I have to stop reading the comments on the online news reports… there are so many stupid, mean people that infuriate me. I usually restrain myself and keep my figurative mouth shut but sometimes I can’t help it.

I am so glad that I’m a Canadian…


Facing it, always facing it, that’s the way to get through. Face it.”
~Conrad Joseph

No comments: