Tuesday, March 24, 2020

non-essential

Headline tonight: all non-essential businesses closed in Ontario.

Carm and I went for a walk which included an ‘at a distance’ visit with Trudie & Leo. It was great to stretch our legs and even better to see friends, even if it was from far away. 



Then I ‘met’ with Kirsten, Shawn and the girls this afternoon for a pre-dinner gin & tonic. Hurrah for the magic of technology. If ever we needed a way to keep in touch it is now. I could probably do with a bit less facebook with the CBC, CNN, and CTV news feeds bombarding me though. I shouldn’t read the comments as they are often infuriating… covid-19 has the effect of releasing hordes of idiots.

To keep myself motivated I added another field to my daily log. A few years back I’d created a table with a list of tasks, what zone they are in, and how often they should be done… I was lazy and didn’t go farther than that. So today I added a relationship to that table on my daily log so that I can check a task everyday. Today I washed the fronts of all the kitchen cupboards… a small task for sure.

The actifry and instant pot were called into service today: pork tenderloin with a balsamic mushroom gravy, roasted baby potatoes, and roasted asparagus. Oh so yum!


No one but Night, with tears on her dark face,
Watches beside me in this windy place.”
~Edna St. Vincent Millay

No comments: