Friday, June 5, 2020

all that glitters

With sleep still in my eyes, I stepped out onto the back deck to water my colourful pots. Even before coffee! The sun was already beating down, but gosh it felt so wonderful, bordering on pef.. Could there be a more peaceful moment than doing a bit of container gardening? The deck will be riotous with colour in a few weeks. 



It was a scorcher today - hurrah! But not too hot to have a socially distant visit with Trudie & Leo. I set up our chairs along the laneway in the shade of the apple trees. It was actually rather lovely, and I think that going forward, even after covid-19 isolation, we’ll gather with friends here. Oh, and the black chairs are pretty comfortable.



Exceeding their estimate by 2 days, Amazon delivered my new sequin jacket this afternoon! Now you might wonder why I need such a sparkly jacket, and really, where the hell am I going to wear it… but putting all that aside, I love it! I foresee a trip to the grocery store or Costco with jeans, white t-shirt, and my sequin jacket (once it’s cool enough). And of course there are zoom parties. I can dress up for those. Or I can just sashy around the house bedazzling Carm.



22C/72F - I was hot enough after our company left to slip into the glacial pool. It took a minute to get up my nerve, and I did it the hard way (inch by inch), but in the end it wasn’t too bad! Back and forth a few times, and all the way around twice. I was glad for a bit of Norse blood, although to be fair, Carm with 100% Southern Italian blood went in too.



Headline tonight: Ottawa has a march against racism. 1,965,551 cases with 111,385 deaths in the US. There are a total of 94,335 (93,702 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 7,703 (7,636 yesterday) deaths today.



“When we are fairly observant and overly patient, a vibration of happiness might crop up unwittingly, as we capture the “timelessness” of a lucky moment and a sparkle of a stray instant, unexpectedly, enraptures our life in a blaze of color and splendor. ( "Happy days are back again")”

~Erik Pevernagie

No comments: