Wednesday, June 3, 2020

peaceful revolution

Granules of sugar stuck to the floor as I pioretted around the kitchen making a Burnt Sugar Cake today. Oh yeah baby… sugar in all its forms mixed with a bit of butter and vanilla. The cake part turned out especially moist while the icing was a bit gritty but still heavenly.


I normally only make this cake for either Dad or Carm’s birthdays - Feb and March - as it really is a winterish sort of confection. Today’s gloom along with my gloomy mood made me decide to go ahead and bake a pick-me-up.



It cleared up later in the afternoon so I walked around the house with the dogs, enjoying the life bursting from the earth and trying to let the force clear my mind and boost my mood. You can almost hear the trees growing, and the grass, well, we can see it grow.



Our ‘party’ with Olaf last night lifted my spirits somewhat and luckily today Kirsten, Mom, and I had a get together in the afternoon. I feel a bit better but still somewhat cranky - too many dishes and do I really have to make supper again? Time for a take out night I think, although I believe there are enough leftovers for tomorrow night - I’ll make Carm heat everything up and I’ll sit like a Queen, maybe sipping bubbles.


80 days.



Headline tonight: Protests continue across the USA. 1,899,452 cases with 109,049 deaths in the US. There are a total of 93,063 (92,410 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 7,497 (7,395 yesterday) deaths today.



“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

[Remarks on the first anniversary of the Alliance for Progress, 13 March 1962]

~John F. Kennedy

No comments: