Thursday, June 11, 2020

Grace is 22


I woke up in the middle of the night to a lashing wind beating the house and I hoped, some rain as well. We got a tiny amount but not enough to moisten the earth. As I’ve been walking around the property I’ve nearly fallen into the deep crevices opening up in the dry clay.



While Carm golfed this morning I puttered around the house seemingly accomplishing nothing. Occasionally I’d stop to read another New Yorker article about current events or I’d watch inane video on womanly things. I had to laugh at the diversity.


Once Carm was home and had his cooling swim we jumped into the car for a trip to Costco and the LCBO. It was great to go out and see something other than the four walls but I was still cranky when I got home. 


Our 2lb package of yeast arrived today! That is a sh&*load of yeast! I’m giving a bit to Kirsten and a bunch to Trudie. I foresee lots of bread in our future.



Oh gosh!!! I almost forgot again. Yesterday was Grace’s 22nd birthday.



Headline tonight: Cases spiking in US. 2,089,626 cases with 116,029 deaths in the US. There are a total of 97,350 (97,125 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 7,994 (7,960 yesterday) deaths today.



“Nature never did betray

The heart that loved her.”

~William Wordsworth

No comments: