Thursday, June 18, 2020

the music in my heart

I felt like that bird doing lazy circles in the cloudless sky above the river. Peaceful easy feeling blessed my whole day. It seems that it would be impossible to be depressed or gloomy on a day like this. I was up a bit early as Carm came home from an aborted try at golf. With sleep still in my eyes I took the dogs out for a meander around the house, starting with the peonies. The deep burgundy ones are in flower now. We daudled the rest of the way around enjoying the peace. Even the pesky deer flies couldn’t break my mood.



Pef followed me to the tomato patch where I dug down into the dirt with my bare fingers pulling weeds and marveling at the power of dirt to grow things out of nothing. There is enough magic in the soil to produce food and that will never cease to be a miracle for me.


While I dirtied my hands, Adia played nearby sometimes resting in the cooler shade but never going far away. She’s like a companionable shadow, a protector of sorts.


And the music! I was in the mood for the music of my youth - oh those long hot summers of my teens! My little speaker sang to me in the garden and then moved to the deck to continue its foray into the past.



A slight sheen of sweat glistened on my limbs… gosh that pool looks tempting. The temp is a perfect 75F, cool enough to be refreshing and warm enough to not numb.


It was one of those hot summer days that you do things in the morning and then in the afternoon sip icy rhubarb drinks while getting deliciously hot before slipping into cooling waters. Repeat.


Could a day be any more perfect?



Headline tonight: Canada goes over 100,000 cases. 2,261,742 cases with 120,622 deaths in the US. There are a total of 100,220 (99,853 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 8,300 (8,254 yesterday) deaths today.



“The music in my heart I bore

Long after it was heard no more.”

~William Wordsworth

No comments: