Wednesday, June 17, 2020

around the lazy river

The tomatoes needed a good long drink of water this morning so I hooked up the long hose and attached the ancient sprinkler. The soil soaked up 30 minutes of sprinkles and could probably have used more. The petunias planted alongside benefited as well so I expect to see a burst of flowers in the next few days.


Meanwhile, in the front of the house, the peonies are going wild. Several times throughout the day I linger in their proximity and drink up the floral notes of fragrance. Oh to have an everlasting June with it’s bounty of plump flowers.


“I don’t see the big deal… that dead thing over there smells much more interesting


It was warm so by mid afternoon I’d slipped into the cool pool waters, floating down the lazy circular river.


We ate supper on the back deck, the evening perfect for a relaxing meal. 




Headline tonight: 2,233,112 cases with 119,930 deaths in the US. There are a total of 99,853 (99,467 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 8,254 (8,213 yesterday) deaths today.



“Then my heart with pleasure fills

And dances with the daffodils.”

~William Wordsworth

No comments: