Tuesday, June 2, 2020

dragging myself down

There is no getting around it… the pandemic is getting to me. Everyday it gets harder for me to motivate myself to do anything while my mood drops lower and lower. I know I have to get busy and DO something but can’t think of what. What are you doing to keep yourself sane? Maybe you could give me some hints.


It seems selfish to complain when others have things so much worse than me, but even with things being put into perspective I can’t shake myself out of my funk. Even the sequin jacket only brightened me up for a few hours - but hey! Once it gets here on Friday all this might change!



I made Philly cheese steak rice with ground beef in the instant pot tonight. Heavy on the comfort food scale. It’s not exactly a healthy vegan recipe… we haven’t been doing many of those since the beginning of isolation. I counted up how many new recipes I’ve done in the past 3 months.and was surprised to see that I’ve made 20! Carm just pointed out that we haven’t eaten the same thing 3 times - twice for a couple of things - but we aren’t eating the same thing over and over. Well, scratch that - I’ve made cookies many times over !!!


The evening finished on an up note with a lovely conversation with Olaf and Stephanie. Just what I needed :-) I think to myself at times that I’m anti-social, but really, I need people for my mental health.



Headline tonight: Rioting continues across the USA. 1,881,205 cases with 108,059 deaths in the US. There are a total of 92,410 (91,647 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 7,395 (7,325 yesterday) deaths today.



“And I've been thinking: if the human race manages to destroy itself, as it often seems to want to do, or if some great disaster comes, as it did for the dinosaurs, then the birds will still manage to survive. When our gardens and fields and farms and woods have turned wild, when the park at the end of Falconer Road has turned into a wilderness, when our cities are in ruins, the birds will go on flying and singing and making their nests and laying their eggs and raising their young. It could be that the birds will exist for ever and for ever until the earth itself comes to an end, no matter what might happen to the other creatures. They'll sing until the end of time. So here's my thought: If there is a God, could it be that He's chosen the birds to speak for Him. Could it be true? The voice of God speaks through the beaks of birds.”

~David Almond

No comments: