Monday, June 15, 2020

bliss it was in that dawn to be alive

A topaz blue sky tInged with a bit of yellow from the blazing sun greeted me when I finally pried open my eyes. Carm was on the links leaving me to wake up slowly, and then with coffee in hand, putter around the house with a bit of music. 



The dogs and I spent some time outside rejoicing in the appearance of the first peony bloom. Well, I rejoiced, the dogs just sniffed the ground pretending to be interested.



Pat came by for a laneway visit this afternoon - we sat beside the peonies - in a few days they’ll be spectacular. It might be a good time for Shenna to come for a visit as she shares my love of the sensuous blooms.



At supper time I zoomed around the kitchen making another new recipe. Gosh, it was good! Korean ground beef with roasted zucchini, peppers, and broccoli over rice. I used heaps more ginger and garlic than the recipe called for which was definitely a good idea.


Here’s a photo of some of the cracks in the ground.



Oh, and the hay was cut. And my silver sequin top arrived. Spike was exhausted from the party yesterday and has been sleeping the whole day.



Headline tonight: 2,182,525 cases with 118,279 deaths in the US. There are a total of 99,147 (98,787 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 8,175 (8,146 yesterday) deaths today.



“Bliss it was in that dawn to be alive

But to be young was very heaven.”

~William Wordsworth

No comments: