Sunday, June 28, 2020

the music in my heart I bore

My hands are still slightly sticky with bbq sauce after finishing up a batch of pulled pork for when Olaf comes to visit. 6.6 pounds of unquious pork is ready to be deployed. Carm says it’s the best he’s ever tasted, but he might be hungry so his opinion is slightly discounted.


Friday afternoon I drove to Kirsten’s for a visit. A short visit ended up stretching out to 2 nights! I had a great time and got to spend some one on one time with Shenna and Nissa. I was pleased to learn that Shenna follows current events and is well informed - so rare for people her age. Nissa manned the kitchen for suppers while Shenna whipped up a batch of crepes for brunch. They are accomplished young ladies.


I got to know Olaf’s friend, Stephanie, a bit better. She gave me a tip about switching from red to white wine to help my rosacea - I’ll give it a try!

Kirsten was excited about her newest addition to the barn. Harrison is a huge draft cross that is gentle and calm - the perfect partner for Kirsten to get back to riding. It was funny watching the horses this morning: he was sleeping on his side with one of the mini’s standing beside him, her height standing about the same as his lying down!


Almost everyone had something to be excited about - Shawn had his tractor delivered on Friday. We didn’t see much of him the rest of the weekend and when he did appear his hands looked like a mechanic’s hands: covered with grease. And with a big smile.


We still haven’t had any appreciable amount of rain.

Oh my gosh… I’m so tired from all the fun that I’m incoherent! It will be an early to bed tonight.


Headline tonight: Up to 700 people have been possibly infected following an outbreak in a nail salon in Kingston. 2,635,544 cases with 128,432 deaths in the US. There are a total of 103,250 (102,576 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 8,522 (8,501 yesterday) deaths today.


“I listen'd, motionless and still;
And, as I mounted up the hill,
The music in my heart I bore,
Long after it was heard no more.
~William Wordsworth

No comments: