Monday, November 9, 2020

a glimpse back to summer

 Carm was out on the links again today, blessed with a warm sun that has escaped from its winter jail. O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!” He chortled in his joy.


I, in contrast to staid golfer code of conduct, cavorted to tunes flying out of my speaker. 


I puttered around the camper, pulling out more unused items - I have a towering pile at the bottom of the basement stairs now! Drawers are more orderly and linens are no longer crushed. It feels good and I feel that when the cool weather returns I’ll cast my eye into the house. 


      a ‘shabby chic’ version of the yellow brick road



The farmers have been busy in their fields harvesting soybeans and corn. Big tractors pulling rumbling wagons full of the crop cause traffic jams on our quiet country roads. The story about the grasshopper and the ant come to mind - I suppose that even though I’m not harvesting from the fields but instead gleaning from grocery shelves, I could be considered an ant.


News about early promise for a covid vaccine. It is still months away with more testing to be done, but we are hopeful. Ironically, and probably to Trump’s chagrin, the US federal government did not fund the vaccine's research and development. 



“It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.”

~Dale Carnegie

No comments: