Tuesday, November 17, 2020

we are almost there - only 165 days to go

 The clouds parted briefly so we got in the car and drove to the city for a few groceries. I’ve got to take every opportunity to get out of the house! I don’t go into stores that often, usually Carm goes in on his own to reduce our risk, but I wanted to do a shop at FreshCo and walking the aisles is a good way to see if we need anything. Well, it was a sh^% show - narrow, one cart width aisles, people standing all over the place, carts left blocking our passage… it didn’t feel good. Bulk Barn on the other hand had all sorts of precautions in place and very few people. 


All that to get the last few ingredients for Pho, a Vietnamese soup, that is one of our favorite restaurant lunches. We haven’t been to the little hole in the wall place since before the pandemic so I figured I’d just have to figure it out myself (with a bit of help from the internet of course). I wouldn’t say the result was as good, but it was passable. I’ll make it again for sure.


It is supposed to go down to minus 10 tonight! 


my motorcycle, a Suzuki gn400 :-) with Olaf on the back. He would have almost been 7 years old and came with me for a 1+ hour trip! I was almost 21.


It’s only 165 days till May 1st. Does that make you feel that soon winter will be over or do the number of days make it seem like the end will never come and that I’ll have to make supper one hundred and sixty five times - that’s a lot of menu planning! I wonder how many new recipes I’ll make? I’ve already made 53 new things since Covid restrictions started!



“We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

~Frederick Keonig

No comments: