Wednesday, November 18, 2020

a quarter of a million

 It was a typical November day - cloudy, sunny, cloudy, cold. I wore my pink puffer coat to take Adia for her pedicure and even so I was glad they let me inside to wait our turn. 


It was an unremarkable day… for me… not so much for the almost 2000 people in the US who died today… nor for their families… 


I’ve been trying to think of something unique and fun to do for our Advent calendar. I thought of 23 different kinds of beer, but the idea of drinking ½ a beer every single day isn’t 100% appealing. Chocolate seems so lame. A bottle of wine is too big. I want something that we’d look forward to and would make December seem like a celebration. Any ideas?


Last night I woke up at 11:30 feeling weird. My lips were tingling as were my limbs and I felt nauseous - I immediately knew that I’d forgotten to take my meds. I am freaked out that I felt such obvious symptoms when it was only 3 hours since I usually take them. I’ve come to know that I’ll have these effects in the morning after, but gosh! three hours!



The US has hit a quarter of a MILLION people dead. Yes, 250,000 people have lost their lives to covid. In Canada we’ve lost just over 11,000. That’s a lot of grieving families.



“So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself: who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?”

~Hunter S. Thompson


No comments: