Wednesday, November 25, 2020

a stay in my pjs sort of day

 With snow in the forecast for today, last night I declared that today would be a stay in my pajama day watching movies with the fire on, bad movies on the TV sort of day, with sugary cereal and tons of coffee and tea. I started with ‘Francis’ (the talking mule) starring Donald O'connor (a fav but sadly no dancing) and then the sappiest Hallmark Christmas movie you could imagine. So many Christmas lights and it seems that they decorated the tree a hundred times. Carm chose snowblowing the laneway over Hallmark.


There were many, many commercials for more Christmas movies, each seemingly more insipid than the last. How could so many movies have been made? Shameful confession… I recorded the next movie to play - another holiday love story filmed in Almonte! I’ll watch it on the next pajama day ;-)



It was a wonderful day! There’s something special about a planned ‘day off’.


I did eventually get dressed as I wanted a few things at Shoppers - I figured shopping in pjs was best left to those in their teens… but I was tempted!



“Love is the absence of judgment.”

~Dalai Lama XIV


No comments: