Friday, November 20, 2020

back in time

 I felt a little ripped off today… the weather forecast called for 14C with a bright sun; we did make it to 14 but the cloudy sky and brisk wind gave a windchill that made it slightly uncomfortable to be outside. I had visions of inviting people over for a bonus laneway visit but instead we did a few things outside and then took a hot bath. 


Yesterday Carm went to Costco early but that wasn’t the end of driving for him. Once he was home we analyzed the wine store’s sale flyer… Peppoli, one of the wines we had in Rome the first time we were there with Jo Ellen and Don, was on sale. So back into the car we went, Carm expertly at the wheel, for the drive to the closest store that had some. 



After our treasure was carefully loaded into the trunk I gave a quick call to Jo Ellen to see if they’d be around for a quick visit. They were and we did! I had to get a blanket out of the car but overall it wasn’t too cold. We’ve put another 2 blankets into the car for more visits this winter.


When we got back I was saddened to see that Spike had both a pee and a poop accident. He’s had a few accidents over the last 2 months, but this was the first poop one. I don’t think he’s made a mess in the house since he was a little pup. My heart breaks for him. 


I spent a bit of time visiting the past today which is a common pastime for me - I came across this one! I remember that summer well. It was one of our first or second summers in Limoges.




“I must learn to be content with being happier than I deserve.”

~Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

No comments: