Tuesday, November 3, 2020

counting

 There was snow on the ground last night after I posted my blog. Yuck. But the forecast is for a string of warm days starting on Thursday so by the end of tomorrow it should all be gone - Carm’s got a bunch of golf already booked.


by the end of the day today much of the snow had melted.


I had a good day today and even got a much overdue task done. With Carm’s help to heft all the ancient beans to the composter, I cleared out the floor level of the pantry, tossing, sorting and re-packaging as I went. Tomorrow I’ll do another shelf, but I have to take things slowly to spread out the joy 🤣 


Then I read about the new approach to covid in Ontario and our city. We’d learn to live with it - fine. It basically means: keep doing what you are doing, only do it better. Wear a mask, wash hands, keep 6’ distance. Easy easy easy. And then the kicker. Keep close contacts to those in your house and one or two others. Not one or two other houses, no, one or two other people. I was really hoping that they would go back to the 10 person social circle but I guess that’s out the window indefinitely.


My spirits dropped. I am so over this and am tired of faking that everything is fine. Oh, I’ll get past it by the end of the evening and I’ll carry on tomorrow.



Which brings us to now. It’s the evening of November 3 - the Trump/Biden presidential election. We are watching the numbers come in and at this point I think I’ll go to bed and watch cat videos. It’s too stressful! I’m losing faith in humanity.



“To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.”

~Buddha

No comments: