Saturday, November 20, 2021

database inventory

 Circles of gingerbread spun out of the oven a few days ago, a windup to Christmas baking with a special twist. Will I make 7 kinds of cookies this year? My head is saying no but my heart is saying an emphatic YES! It will be at least 2 or 3 weeks before flour will dust every stationary surface (and maybe some moveable ones as well).



I’m reading a book by Jack Keuroac about writing. It’s fascinating and inspiring but I don’t think it’s made a practical impact. He writes about keeping things simple and cutting out the excess, so I guess the paragraph above could say: “Made gingerbread. In a few weeks I’ll start making 7 different kinds.”  Or would it be “I made cookies, soon I’ll make more.” Which is better do you think?


After a day of rain and general yuckiness Thursday, we got some sun on Friday and Saturday.


We had supper at Trudie & Leo’s Wednesday night - Trudie and I had fun ‘cooking’ before supper so by the time dinner was ready we were starving and full of giggles. Crazy times!


I don’t know why but this year we are getting tons of leaves into the house. It seems like the trees outside the front door dropped 10x the leaves of previous years. Did they? Or has the weather been more conducive to dropping the leaves right under the trees rather than blowing them to the next township?


We had a fun virtual sibling night last night. Gosh, it’s not as fun as real life but much better than nothing.



Seventy two bricks of frozen ground meat & bone are safely saved in the freezer. It will augment the puppers suppers over the winter. We used to feed 100% raw but for the last 5 or 6 years we mix in some high quality kibble. Lucky dogs!


Driving home we passed close to a huge LCBO so we took the opportunity to get our Advent beer selection. Twenty four unique cans have been catalogued and photographed ready for the adventure. Of course I put on my geek cape and designed a database to store beer information. There’s even a page for each person to write a review 🤪




Awesome!


“walking down the laneway on a dark and rainy afternoon, everything is grey around me but as I walk towards the house I can see the glow of a welcoming light.”

“beef stroganoff dinner turned out great despite me not being 100% with it”

“with friends learning new skills”

“sinking my teeth into a perfect biscuit”

“pot in pot worked great in the instant pot”

No comments: