Friday, November 12, 2021

pasta al gomito in a formaggio sauce

 Just for fun I signed onto a Jacques Pepin fanpage site on Facebook. People post photos of their meals and talk about how they cooked them which can be interesting and funny. It’s pretty hilarious to read “pasta al gomito in a formaggio sauce with a tomato reduction” for Kraft dinner with ketchup! I made that up but you get my drift. So for last night’s dinner I’ll describe it as:

braised pork chops with a creamy Marsala mushroom sauce served on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes and a side of roasted brussels sprouts!


My plating needs work!

  

It rained a lot overnight and into the morning but by noon the rain had fizzled out. I could see a bright spot on the horizon.


The colder nights triggered the huge locust tree at the front of the house to drop its leaves in a sudden avalanche. As I walk along the laneway crushing the tender leaves I am surprised that these decaying leaves smell so different from the poplars that line the hayfield. They are sweeter with an undertone of spice.



Awesome!


“Fluffy waffles”

“my new flameless candles”

“the smell of fallen leaves”

“the first few stars in a deep velvet sky”

“Spike and Adia hanging out together”

“Adia going to her mat automatically when she came into the house”

No comments: