Sunday, November 14, 2021

pastis

 November blues are sending their tendrils of misery into my brain. I’m fighting it but it seems to be a constant battle. I feel like Gengis Khan fighting his way through Asia, always fighting, rarely resting but occasionally being rewarded by a bountiful pillage. It’s actually not that bad but the similie seemed fun.


Queen joined me in the tub today... lying back with my eyes closed, the music engulfed me with its awesomeness. It’s easy to forget about the world when I’m immersed in so many notes and words!


Carm did all sorts of get ready for winter stuff while I lazily prepped for tonight’s Vietnamese Beef Stew with Lemongrass & Star Anise. Together we got the slides on the camper closed, including patching a few holes in the slide seals. Fingers crossed that we don’t get water seeping through.



Spike has been in good spirits the last few days. No running off in the night, but some running up and down the laneway. 


The dogs have decided that squeezing in by my feet is the best place to spend the evening.


We’ve been following our 2019 trip to Europe - yesterday we were in the French Riviera on a tour of coastal villages. On one of our stops we stepped into a little bar to sample Pastis, a French abomination. In memory I dusted off an ancient bottle of Pernod (which is a close relative to Pastis). Our small glasses did not cloud over with the addition of water so perhaps the booze is too old (can that even happen?). We both choked it down and hid the bottle until next year!


Aside from the stop at the bar we toured an outdoor market where I purchased a heavy wool cardigan and some awesome soap. I’ve managed to keep the last sliver of soap going but it’s going to be done soon. Time for another trip!




Awesome!


“sous vide instant pot keeping the exact temperature”

“Adia zooming around the backyard”

“beautiful silver green colour of the fallen locust leaves”

“black rainy night”

“dry flannel shirt to cuddle up in when I got inside from that black night”

No comments: