Sunday, November 21, 2021

midnight excursions

 This morning (afternoon?), lethargy and cold chills drove me to the sofa with a down-filled blanket cuddled around me. It was the sort of day where a mindless movie fit the bill. Thankfully there is a never-ending stream of Hallmark Christmas movies available. I tuned in ½ hour into the movie (about some magical gingerbread cookies! Hey!), but it only took a minute to get the gist. Miles of Christmas lights, a forest of trees, and some light romance was the perfect comfort TV. 


By the end of the movie the sun was coming out and my ground meats were thawed. Cue some music and the meatball recipe. Usually Carm does the frying but he disappeared so I muddled through it… deeply browned balls with a thick crust are the result. Boo hiss! I don’t use the stove often enough to get a good feeling for the burners. Note to self: make Carm do it!



Adia was a nightmare last night… she must have had a sore stomach as she wanted outside several times thru the night. I finally moved myself to the futon and got her to cuddle up with me. After rubbing her tummy for a while she fell into a fitful sleep. She might not have been feeling well but I can guarantee you that she was happy to curl up with me!


Since the time change 2 weeks ago, she’s been getting up at 12:30 or 1 AM to do her business. As you can imagine, it’s a super big drag! Today we are going to try fasting her at supper to see if we can re-adjust her guts to a more normal schedule. For years everyone has gone first thing in the morning, which is perfect timing.


Yesterday I made a giant pot of minestrone. A pot of soup always makes 6 servings: 2 right away, 2 for later in the week, and 2 for the freezer. Or 4 friends!


Later: supper is done and dusted and I’ll have to say that the meatballs were good :-) Despite a hot bath I’m still running hot then cold so it will be an early bedtime.



Awesome!


“a ray of sunshine breaking through the clouds”

“platters of uncooked meatballs”

“getting in the mood for Christmas”

“Sunday gravy (meatballs and riblets cooked in a tomato sauce)”

No comments: