Thursday, April 5, 2012

Please Don't Label Me

Yesterday Carm bought me a labeller. Be still my Virgo heart. The dogs are worried as they see me running around the house putting labels on anything that doesn't move. I've actually only labelled a few things, but only because Karen came over today for a visit and a walk. Tomorrow I'll start in the workshop. All that good organizing that we did a few months back can now be completed. I bought a few little bins to help with sorting out the bins of miscellaneous stuff and now with the labeller I'll be able to identify the contents of those, as well as other bins. There is something so neat and tidy about bins with labels neatly arranged on shelves.

Yesterday we headed into town to have lunch with Carm's mom and for my doctor appointment. While in town we made our usual stops at Costco and St. Laurent Fruit & Vegetable. We are provisioned for the long weekend! And of course a trip to Costco wouldn't be complete without buying other non-food related items... we never seem to get out of there with less than $100 bucks worth of stuff.

At St. Laurent I picked up some lemon grass, a hot red pepper, green onion and some mint. I already have some cilantro and coconut milk. I'm hoping to find a recipe for something vegan and Thai. Yummm those flavours sound so good. So... tonight I made a quasi Pad Thai rice... ummm,  ummm, good.

    Cook 1 cup brown basmati rice.

    Chop 1 hot red pepper, 2 spring onions, 1 tablespoon ginger, 3 cloves garlic. Cut into strips 5 small zucchini, 1 large carrot. Sautee vegetables & set aside. Sautee garlic  mix. Add rice with 1/2 cup coconut milk, cook for a couple of minutes. Add vegetables back and stir. Add chopped fresh parsley, cilantro and if desired mint.

   Serve with bubbles ;-)

Can I put a label on that?

2 comments:

Merikay said...

Yumm! That sounds o good. Smple and tasty. I considered getting a labeler, but with my spelling problems I am better off making labels on the computer so I can run a spell check on them. I print words and tape over them with clear tape. It works...

Carol in Canada :) said...

I made this last night and it was absolutely perfect! Having leftovers right now over a bed of green lettuce for lunch! Thank you :)