Friday, October 19, 2012

Girlfriends

I was out shopping for shoes today. Carm dropped me off at the mall and I traipsed off by myself. I knew what I wanted (more or less) so shopping on my own was okay (mostly) and I found what I wanted (I think). I get them home and want to try them on with a pair of dress pants - "do these look okay with these pants?" - "sure". Good, but I also want to wear them with capris - "do these look okay with these pants?" - "I already told you they looked okay!!". Geez - "sometimes you have to be a girlfriend and so just play along.". I'm not much of a shopper - most of my clothes come from Costco, so when I go outside the normal styles I need a bit of help! I don't have any girlfriends that I shop with, and Kirsten (my sister) is on the other side of the world so Carm just has to buck up and be a girlfriend once in a while. No changes of clothes required, I promise ;-)

Speaking of girlfriends, I just heard from Dorothy, one of the weight challenge participants and she has ALREADY met the 5 pound goal for October. I'm so impressed :-) Way to go! And it sounds like she has made some good, healthy changes to your diet. I don't have much of an update except to say I am back down those three pounds (after having gained two of them back last week). There is still time!

Tonight we had roasted vegetables tossed with pesto pasta. When I roasted the zucchini and cauliflower I threw in 2 lemons thinly sliced. The skin didn't soften down enough, but the innerds were oh so good! It's a good thing cause we bought a huge bag of lemons from Costco. We also bought a bag of limes - does anyone have any good ideas on how to use them? Of course the obvious is margaritas, and I may just have to make the sacrifice ;-)

Some little poodles have a rough life!

5 comments:

The Odd Essay said...

Having been a loner all my life (not counting my husband... who does NOT quality as a girl friend), I sometimes envy you women who have these girly relationships.... Wonder why some have/want/need it... others don't know what it's all about? Anyway... I use limes like some use water... squeeze those babies over any veggie or fish and whatever germs/bacteria you think might linger will be replaced by a nice, crisp taste. Not only margaritas, but they're great in pico de gallo, or guacamole.... or... whaterver....

Merikay said...

I wish I had a shopping buddy too. I look and look, but never seem to find much I like. Other women seem to have so much better fashion sense than I do.

bjosa said...

Hi! Time to give a report on my weight loss. It's been hard this last ten days. Visiting my parents isn't a good idea when you intend to loose weight. My mum don't take no for an answer when it comes to eating. (She is of the old school). Returning home I have been working out, playing golf and cycling and of course back to my low carb diet. The result ended at 3,5 down so I still have a possibility to reach 5 pounds.

Terri's Pal said...

We seem to have much in common re: shopping. I wear comfy clothes and have no fashion sense. I'm too frumpy to look good in any clothes so wear jeans and t-shirts with well-worn sneakers. Bleech! The only time I enjoy clothes shopping is when I go to Northern Reflections with my sister.

I'm up a lb again. How did that happen? I was hungrier than usual and ate a bit more yesterday. It doesn't take much :(

Terri's Pal said...

P.S. It's too late for this year but you can use lemons to lighten blond hair. http://www.ehow.com/how_2145909_lighten-hair-lemon-juice.html