Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Warm Feet

Spike has the "could you please bring me my socks" thing down pat now. He trots right off down the hall to the bedroom while I sit on the sofa. Of course I have to remember to keep a pair on the floor - I forgot today and sent him away twice before I clued in! I also have to make sure there aren't a ton of other clothes lying about on the floor as these would only confuse him - no more lazy mornings!


This morning was another one of those beautiful mornings full of sunshine. I love going out for my little walk on those mornings. The surroundings are uplifting and go a long way to starting my day in the right frame of mind.

Yesterday we went with friends to a do-it-yourself wine place where we picked up BOXes of wine! I never thought that we'd have wine in a box as Carm is such a connoisseur... Each box holds 5 liters (about 6 1/2 bottles), but supposedly since it is in a bag that keeps the air out, it will keep for a long time. I hope so as we don't drink more than one or maybe two bottles a week. This format will make it easy to grab a few ounces to put into a sauce.

After several days of being totally off track with our diet, today we kept to healthy food. Roasted vegetables graced our plates tonight - I love roasted vegetables.


I'm using the new software to write this post and it seems to be working fine. Last night though I had a little post written up and then hit the wrong key and it disappeared. DOOH! I immediately sent an email to the developers to suggest that the default when backing out of the program should be "save locally" and not discard the whole thing.


O, thou art fairer than the evening air clad in the beauty of a thousand stars.
Christopher Marlowe

3 comments:

Merikay said...

The roast veggies look wonderful! A bit different selection from my usual, guess I'll try these.
BTW Weight is totally stalled. Made it to my goal and have been bouncing back and forth between it and two pounds less for two weeks. Honestly don't think I'll see five down by the end of the months. At least it won't be five UP!

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

We carried box wine often when we were full time as the total weight was a lot less. Also, as you mention ,once you open the box there is no rush to finish it since the lack of air keeps it from spoiling.

Terri's Pal said...

"default when backing out of the program should be save locally" ... Good for you for complaining! Why does almost every accidental keyboard press in all software default to "terrible things will happen"?

I'm down 4 lbs. from my starting weight (which I have no intention of disclosing!) I had planned/hoped to lose 6 lbs but I guess I'll have to be happy with 5 :-) BTW, I made a big bowl of fruit salad to keep in the fridge for snacks: canned pear and/or peach including juice, fresh grapes, cranberries, pineapple. I should add an apple or orange. The cranberries make it ... NOT sweet!