Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Age is an issue of mind over matter

Today we were shopping for a step stool to carry on the camper with us. At one place the salesperson was helping us out - Carm stepped up to see how sturdy it was, then I took a turn. I was trying to get Carm to stand where I could balance myself on his shoulder. As soon as I said my balance wasn't very good the young (perhaps under 20) salesperson piped up that his mom had that problem too. WTF! He was comparing me to his mother - I was in shock - until reality struck me hard on the head and pointed out that I was pretty close to being old enough to be his grandmother... oh my. I'd rather live with my head in the sand, but I suppose the odd reality check is inevitable. And if that's all I have to complain about I'm pretty darn lucky.



Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain

No comments: