Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hanging Around Bored

Carm was away in the city all day doing stuff with his mom so I just hung around the campsite, taking a few walks, reading, trying to nap, and just generally taking it easy. I created a few more to-do and packing lists for our trip - I'll soon need a list for my lists... I played around with a navigation app that I downloaded. I didn't download the whole of Canada (.5G), settling for a small US state to test with. Our internet data is really limited/expensive, so I'll find a friends house to visit to do the rest of the downloading once we get home. I also want to download a trial copy of Microsoft Streets & Trips as it might help with the trip planning. Again - I'll have to hit up a friend or family member for their internet bandwidth.

I did some other internet surfing, but our connection here is flaky and slow... Even the satellite tv sometimes flakes out...

When I got bored of all that I got out my camera and started taking pictures. I probably took 100 photos of Spike alone (big surprise). Another 50 of the sky through the tree above me, a whole bunch of Bella, and even a few of me and the dogs...


Here are some pretty wildflowers along the water's edge. I didn't notice the reflection of the clouds until I looked at the photo later.



The branches in this tree are interesting against the summer sky.



As always it was difficult to get a good shot of Bella - her black fur easily washes out if I increase the exposure, and if I don't she's just a black blob.



Grace enjoying an afternoon outside.



Bones for supper!



Still playing with my camera - here's a group shot with the timer. I've got to practice Bella & Kabira's stay...






For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.
Martin Luther

1 comment:

Merikay said...

Black is always to photograph. You did well.