Friday, November 14, 2014

Cinderella, Cinderella

There was no good fairy to turn a pumpkin into a carriage, nor were there any magical animals to help me with my tasks, but I scrubbed and washed and scrubbed some more in preparation for painting. The evil step-mother in my head kept urging me to perfection. I hope the prep is more effort than the painting itself. I still have some prep left, including laying down a few miles of tape - if all goes well the world changes from rosy pink to pale yellow on Monday (do you think I've jinxed it by writing it down?).

Thursday was another great writing group meeting. I was a bit apprehensive about reading yet another story that focuses on bipolar, but I got really positive feedback. I've started writing next week's story and I'm glad to say that it is a happy one.

After the meeting, some of us got together for lunch at a local restaurant. After years of almost being a hermit it feels good to be out in the world of the living!

Snowflake sighting this afternoon – they reminded me of the tiny lights on Dr. Who’s last episode – if you’ve seen it you know what I mean, if you haven’t, well, they were just tiny lights swirling around.

Have a faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through... Cinderella

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Hope the painting goes well. We have to get our daughter to help with that task, as we are a bit hopeless with painting:(