Tuesday, June 12, 2018

swinging in the sun

I had a few minutes of swing time today... the first time this year. The pleasures of the summer are fleeting and this year maybe even more so. Grace came out with me and basked in the sun. She's never crazy about being out there by herself and I was flitting in and out of the house and about the property, so I had to keep her company for a bit.

The wind roared through the trees making them shake their castinette limbs as they did the flaminco in the breeze. It was energizing.


I looked out the living room window to see a blizzard of white petals being shaken from their lofty perch. The black locust trees are covered with flowers - they almost look like clusters of grapes from a distance - but the wind is losening them and sending the petals all over the property, including into the pool on the other side of the house. They are not well-behaved trees.

We zipped over to liquidation this afternoon - there was nothing I wanted but Carm wanted to look around. I always say that and I alway find a bunch of stuff to fill my closet with. Today was no exception: two non-t-shirt tops, earrings (yes, me who hasn't worn jewllery for eons), and a little bag to pack small things in. Strangely, I dressed up to go and wore my new gold shoes. I have been infected with a weird virus that has me putting on makeup and nice clothes to even go to the store. I will probably get over it when my next little depression happens... in the meantime, I'm getting all sorts of nice compliments from Carm :-)



No comments: