Tuesday, June 19, 2018

I snapped

It finally happened... I'd reached my saturation point... too much news. I could feel it happening days ago and tried to warn Carm. He didn't hear me and could only focus on how great it was that I was keeping up to date with world happenings. He didn't realize that it was my mental health that was in danger. Nightmares and feelings of rage and anger let me know I was reaching the breaking point, and sure enough, last night, I erupted and stormed out of the room with a few explictives colouring the air. All day in the car with news talk radio and when finally home the tv tuned to CNN at 4:30... I need a break.


We had a long day in town yesterday, starting with a 'blood letting', i.e. getting my veins pierced multiple times to get a bunch of vials of blood. It was all worth it though as my results were all normal - yeah! I could cut down my salt consumption a bit though to get my lithium level up just a bit - the two go hand in hand: two much salt: not enough lithium; not enough salt: too much lithium. But, (aside from the news breakdown), I've been feeling pretty good lately so I'm not going to stress about it.

After that we had a quick bagel for lunch - Montreal style which is my absolute favorite. Slightly crispy and covered with seasame seeds, oh my, I could eat one now!

We had a visit with Carm's mom which as always is a bit sad. She seems content though which is all that matters. I could see a woman across the hall that looked to be my age that was being fed her lunch. Don't take your health for granted!!!!

From there we zoomed across town to our eye doctor appointments. The usual 'this one or that one' as different lenses flicked in the machine. Soon we were done and on our way home, squinting our eyes in the bright light.


Sunday we had lunch at the cemetary where Carm's dad is interned. The funeral home puts on a free bbq every Father's day and it seems like a good time to get together with some of his family.

We saw Joe & Sandy, and shed a few tears together over Sunny. As we were leaving Joe asked 'how long does it take? How long does the pain last'. Well, we pet owners all know that the pain never truely goes away but that it does fade with time and is less immediate. There will sometimes be things that remind us and trigger the feelings again, but I guess that is the price of love. And I'd pay that price over and over again for the joy that our pets bring.



No comments: