Friday, June 1, 2018

friday fun

I'm sitting under a tree, sipping my coffee. It is almost 1 pm. I drank my first coffee while 'out and about' visiting with a group of ladies at Edna's. There is a haze in the sky (I refuse to call them clouds) and the temp has dropped from this morning. When the breeze blows it is slightly cool. Grace is in her outside cage beside us.

This morning I got another 10 minutes of sleep before Mr. Naughty decided I had to get up and take him for a walk. Does he rule our lives... perhaps at times ;-) He's good for the rest of the day so I guess I can't complain.



... hours later and it is now 9:50. I'm in from the fire but Carm will probably linger for another hour (I hope he doesn't get hit by lightening).

We had a quiet afternoon then got a bunch of people over to our 'place' for supper. Everyone brought their own supper and we shared two picnic tables. It was very congenial and there wasn't too much politic talk. There are a few die hard political fiends though so the subject did come up (multiple times, multiple countries/provinces). Luckily everyone is more or less in agreement.

The dogs were out for a few short walks but boy, can I ever tell they are aged. It is heartbreaking as it seems like just yesterday that they were vibrant beasts who needed an hour of walking twice a day.

Time for bed to rest up for another day of fun.


No comments: