Tuesday, April 9, 2019

a few days

Monday: We were seated with a man with a cold at dinner tonight :-( At least I think he had one. Took a big dose of vitamin C and some Pau d’arco when we got back to the room… fingers crossed.

Today we were in Princess Cays again, only this time we stayed on the ship. Carm is still recovering from his sunburn, and I still have some pink spots so we didn’t want to spend a lot of time in the sun. Instead we went to the ‘retreat pool’ and hung out in the shade. The ship was quiet but not deserted.

We’ll be shopping for some ‘rashguards’ when we get home. For those who don’t know, it is a long sleeve swim shirt with high UV protection.

After spending a few hours at the pool and having lunch, we hung out in the room for a while.

I need a break from all this eating. I’m actually getting sick of it, and have even cut out desserts a few nights.

The show tonight was a comedian and my gosh he was funny! Laugh out loud funny. We walked around after the show, sat at Crooners for a while, and now we are back in our little room.


Tuesday, day at sea: Long night sleep (oh, the gentle rocking of a ship on the sea), breakfast in the buffet sitting with people from California; and then a slurry of: time in our room (not much); coffee in the piazza; Carm playing trivia; me shopping but not buying anything; me shopping buying eyeshadow and other things to try to tame the shrek in me; piazza again, this time for music; getting ready for formal night; supper with a bunch of people; amazing show; fall onto bed exhausted.



We went to see Bravo again, and it was just as entertaining as last week. I think the singers on this ship are the best we’ve seen to-date.


I was a bit homesick this morning and I don’t know if the photos Pat sent me made me feel better or worse, but I do know that I was happy to see the pets looking so happy at home. Thanks Pat!

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

We enjoy meeting people at dinner,but not if they are not feeling well:) One of the worst colds I have ever had I got on a cruise:(