Wednesday, April 17, 2019

is the spring coming?

Sun :-) And while not as strong as in the Caribbean, it is somehow more wonderful. I could go outside without a coat and just short sleeves today and that felt fantastic. The wonder of spring is just beginning and for that I rejoice.

The last two days have been a flurry of unpacking, laundry, and lazing around on the sofa. We’ve folded a tower of clothes, with the second tower still drying on the rack. Soon the suitcases will be repacked with travel clothes and put away for a few months. How long we aren’t sure yet - we have a cruise booked in November but we don’t have to completely commit until early summer.

My cold is mostly gone. It wasn’t a bad one and only lasted a few days. We took it easy this cruise and I think it helped that I wasn’t run-down and exhausted from all the fun we were having. I’m not much of a party girl :-(


Is the spring coming?" he said. "What is it like?"...
"It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine...”
~Frances Hodgson Burnett

No comments: