Friday, April 26, 2019

rain falling on the sunshine

Cold rain streaming out of steel grey skies. Light dim and gloomy. But no worries - a few slices of toast with honey sweetens the day. An escape into the secret garden in the moors of early 1900 Yorkshire transports me into early spring with the earth coming to life. Green things grow in the book and at home the grass is greening.

I can see buds on the lilac tree.

We’ve had a busy few days, but gosh if I can’t remember what was then as the days have melded together. I know we had Trudie & Leo over for supper one night. Yesterday we ran around the city with the first stop being Costco so I could get a little tablet to use as an e-reader. I shopped around looking at my options and settled on an android tablet rather than a single purpose device. We got it set up last night and I’ll have to say it is great. I curled up on the sofa, and then under the covers for the afternoon.

Yesterday morning we were up early to take Kabira to the vet for a dental. Unfortunately the vet called us an hour later with news that her teeth were in too bad condition. We were shocked and very upset, but there isn’t anything to do. We took her back today for a demo on how to wipe her mouth with an antibacterial wash.



“Wait till th’ spring gets at ’em—wait till th’ sun shines on th’ rain and th’ rain falls on th’ sunshine an’ then tha’ll find out.”

“It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine, and things pushing up and working under the earth,”  ~Frances Hodgson Burnett

No comments: