Friday, April 5, 2019

lipstick on a pig

The next two days are sea days… which means two days of sleep ins, eating, naps, a bit of tv (Love Boat!), and people watching in the piazza. This morning I watched a dance class, watched because Carm was busy with trivia. The guy with one leg was doing a better job than we ever did in our hours of ballroom dancing classes!

The air conditioning is set on high/cold throughout the ship, so I had to come back to the room for a sweater, and to spend some time on the balcony to warm up. Up high in the sky was a smudge of rainbow. It seemed like really good luck!

I went to a lipstick seminar and the consultant put a really bright coral on me, which I could tell by the look on everyone’s face that it wasn’t a good match… one lady said I had nice lips though. I’ve never had much luck with coral.

Formal night tonight so we really dolled ourselves up for supper. Carm looked dashing in his suit and I think I looked pretty good in my ‘little black dress’ and my extreme bling necklace. We sat with people from Portland, and somewhere else that I don’t remember - oh wait - Florida. Lobster was on the menu for tonight.

The show tonight was ‘Bravo’, primarily a singing extravaganza with a dash of dancing. They brought in a soprano from Boston for the starring role. It was excellent and we’ll see it again next week. In fact, we will see all the production shows again next week.

After the show, we stopped at the makeup/perfume place to ask the lipstick girl a few questions and she offered to do a full makeover on one of our remaining days. I think I’ll take her up on it - maybe I’ll learn something earth shattering.

For the finale of the night we watched the Janos quartet. Several people got up to dance (not us though)... Some are novices, some have obviously taken lots of classes (they know all the moves), but are a little wooden, one couple where the lady was flamboyant (they took up much of the dance floor), and others having fun.

We’ve been watching MSNBC for our news, and I hate it. We have the international version which replaces the commercials with really loud, repetitive, and annoying plugs for their show. They boost the volume several notches, so it is obnoxious. I’ve seen these ads a million times and they don’t improve with time.

Tomorrow is another sea day.

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Sea days are our favorite part of the cruises:)