Monday, September 28, 2020

banana spice

 After a bit of time on the internet I decided that yes, today was an example of Indian Summer, and yes, it is still okay to call it that. It was seriously beautiful with just a few clouds skittering across the sky which could not have been a more intense blue. The mercury rose to a high of 26C.



Carm golfed. I stayed home and did more internet searching - I’d been thinking about the banana spice muffins that I often had during my working years. I enjoyed those muffins many times during the 29 years. How many did I actually eat? It would likely be a shockingly large number (a quick estimate would be over 3000!). Anyway, I was looking for a recipe that I thought might replicate the flavour.



With a bit of imagination I settled on a recipe and got to work. The result… awesome! Not 100% the same, but a good enough substitute. Will I eat 3000 of them? maybe not, although if I kept eating them into my 90s I might just get there.


How did I ever survive before the internet?



“I have the choice of being constantly active and happy or introspectively passive and sad. Or I can go mad by ricocheting in between.”

~Sylvia Plath


No comments: