Thursday, September 10, 2020

suck it up buttercup

 We got good news yesterday morning: Carm’s golf buddy, A, tested negative for covid-19 which freed us from isolation. We are still waiting for our test results but they are now extraneous.


Yesterday I got busy in the kitchen making cookies, dozens of them. I was asleep at the wheel when making the chocolate chip ones and forgot to add the baking soda. The cookies aren’t awful but are a bit weird - it’s not an exciting discovery. I’ll eat them anyway. Then, with more success, I made a batch of butter pecan cookies for the freezer. I’ll take them with me next week when I go ‘camping’.


Today we dashed to Costco to look at the vacuum we’ve been thinking of. It was a bit more expensive than we remembered but it gets good reviews so after a walk around the store to think about it, we went ahead and put it in our cart. It’s crazy, but I was excited to test it out and got it charging as soon as we got home. 


Vroom! It was awesome. I couldn’t believe how much dirt it got out of the carpet :-0  I like how agile it is and the extra attachments will all come in handy. Let’s make cleaning fun...


This afternoon I did the unthinkable and made Caramelized onion and bacon jam. Oh yeah baby! That stuff is ridiculous. I tested it out on 1/2 a toasted bagel with cream cheese - I was mightily tempted to toast up the other half, but settled for ½ a spoon (I had to stir it again, right).



“Voiceless it cries,

Wingless flutters,

Toothless bites,

Mouthless mutters.”

~J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments: