Monday, September 7, 2020

socially out of shape

 Everyone was beat yesterday - the dogs barely lifted an eyelid let alone drive me crazy by richeting around the house. I wasn’t much more energetic, I’m socially out of shape after months of pandemic isolation.


Despite the grey clouds pressing down on our shoulders, the energy flowed more freely today although the sofa has a warm spot in my shape ;-)  I did try out a new cookie recipe: butter pecan. So good, but how do they stack up to last week’s new cookie recipe? Italian lemony almond cookies are hard to beat so I’ll have to declare a tie. They were similar in that they were both nut based with not much added sugar. I’ll make them again.



The wind has been howling all day, lashing the trees in a fury. The low grey sky gives a definite autumn feel. It’s hard to believe but I think our final swimming day of 2020 was the week before last - boo hiss.



“It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he'll look for his own answers.”

~Patrick Rothfuss

No comments: