Tuesday, September 29, 2020

king kong

 Low clouds spitting rain kept me in bed just a bit longer than usual, but finally I managed to gather enough energy to get ‘the show on the road’. We had a few outings scheduled: Orleans for some tripe dry dog food and then Costco for a few things in their sale flyer.


We might have looked like hoarders at Costco, but seriously, we would have bought that many boxes of chicken broth even without the pandemic! I had said I’d wait in the car as I am the worst offender at putting non-food items into the cart… but Carm thought he needed help… we didn’t get far into the store when I dropped in a pair of boots. A few other sale items made it into our cart but we passed on the nice dog beds and a few other superfluous items. He might lock me into the car next time!



Once we got home I gave Spike his anti-anxiety meds to prep him for a haircut. Two hours later he was on the grooming table, firmly held by Carm. It wasn’t going that great, but then I thought of putting some peanut butter into a Kong for Carm to hold - it worked! The rest of the hair cut went reasonably well - I couldn’t believe how long his hair was - there was a huge pile on the floor even though I didn’t do his legs. It’s a bit of a hack job but he looks more comfortable. (note to self: give him ¼ tablet instead of ½.)



We have our popcorn ready for tonight’s presidential debate although to be honest I think I’ll need hard alcohol to watch it. Even still it wouldn’t be hard to imagine myself yelling at the TV. Maybe I’ll just go to bed and watch cat videos.



“Perhaps when we find ourselves wanting everything, it is because we are dangerously close to wanting nothing.”

~Sylvia Plath

No comments: