Thursday, October 1, 2020

fatigue

 Today we hit the 200th day anniversary of lockdown… how many more to go? 200? 400? 600? I’ve got music on to cheer me up but somehow my playlist is choosing the most depressing songs. Right now: Pink Floyd ‘Good-bye blue skies’... it’s almost enough to send me into a puddle of tears. I’m not dancing with the dog.


The wind is wicked again today, but it’s not that cold, a flannel shirt keeps me warm enough. I think the jetstream is repositioning itself as the earth readies herself for winter. Please Mother Nature, make it a nice one without any ice so that we can enjoy some winter activities: making snow angels in a blizzard, snowshoeing, walking in the sun on a crisp day, being dazzled by a billion tiny diamonds, gasping at the powder blue sky, laughing at the dog powering through snow drifts. It almost sounds magical.


Gorden Lightfoot - ‘Bittergreen’. Not exactly uplifting.


Adia eating a few apples after supper. I wonder if she’d prefer that we make an apple crisp?


The question that’s been foremost in my mind for the last few days is ‘what the heck am I going to do with the months of isolation?’. I have no real hobbies other than cooking and that’s an activity best done when we are having guests. I’m not a huge reader but I’ll make sure I have some interesting books to while away some time. I’m not a huge TV watcher and have trouble getting through a whole movie. I’ve tried knitting and crocheting, but that wasn’t pretty - Grace may have learned a few choice words! At the end of the 90s I went through a phase where I painted folk art scenes on anything that didn’t move - I don’t think I can conjure up enthusiasm for that again (and many people will be grateful about that as I foisted much of my ‘art’ (ha ha) on them).



‘That’s the night the lights went out in Georgia’ one guy shot, the other hung...


It would be good to get a bit manic on some exercise - I need to work hard on getting enthused - maybe I can find a Youtube station with motivational videos. And while I’m at it, I’ll start thinking about painting the basement craft room. Having a space away from Carm would likely be a good idea (not that we don’t get along, but there will be fewer distractions away from the house, and let’s be frank, the novelty of isolation has worn pretty thin.)


Please everyone! I need some suggestions.


John Denver - ‘Sunshine on my Shoulders’ which you’d think would be a song full of joy, but somehow it always makes me cry just a little bit.


I desperately need a haircut but now that the 2nd wave is here and everything is turning into a sh%$storm I’ll have to pass. Soon they’ll be putting on restrictions that will cancel our social circles… you can expect a day or two of dejected posts when that happens. For that matter it’s only one or maybe two weekends until we bring home the camper and put it to bed. Double whammy. 



“let me live, love, and say it well in good sentences”

~Sylvia Plath


No comments: